Saturday, January 28, 2012

Clear water

The water here is so clear!
It was time for our first sea dive and what wonderful conditions. 30C, no current, clear water. I put my stinger suit on to try it out. Natasha went through all the safety points and then we were under. It took me awhile to equalize my ears, but we eventually got to 4m and knelt on the floor to do a mask clear. This is when you let water into your face mask and then blow out through your nose to blow air into the mask and so clear the water out. A bit daunting but we both did it.
It was so wonderful down under, so many different fish varieties. We saw a Banded Sea snake, highly venomous. Interesting that they still have to surface to breath air so are seen at shallow depths. We saw one on the surface and then on the reef at 6m. Natasha pointed out a Stone fish. So amazing, just looking at the rock we could see nothing, them Malcolm pointed his camera light on it and his eyes moved and we could make out its shape. It was moulded to the rock.
My underwater camera has stopped working so I will get a photo from Malcolm later.


Great experience, kit off. Very happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment